Key Scripture: Ephesians 6:10-12
Introduction: Tonight, we will continue our study on knowing our enemy. If you missed Lesson One, I encourage you to get it, and study it. We learned last week that Satan has a strategic army, and every day he and his army is working diligently to get new demonic forces with their team of soldiers.
Who Composes (Make Up) Satan’s Army?
1. Satan’s Angels (Revelation 12:7-9; Ephesians 6:12) Principalities, Powers, Rulers of the darkness of this world.
*Origins (background) – Revelation 12:4,9; Isaiah 14:12; Ezekiel 28:17; Ephesians 6:12; Ephesians 2:1-2; Daniel 10:12-13; Daniel 10:20
2. Demons (devils, unclean spirits)
* Where do they reside? (Matthew 8:28-34; Matthew 12:43-45)
3. People who allow Satan to use them (Psalms 115:16)
* Unbelievers (II Corinthians 4:4)
* Believers (Matthew 16:23; I Peter 5:8)
Christians Have Authority Over All Evil Spirits Through Jesus.
* Matthew 28:18; Philippians 2:9-11; Colossians 2:10; Ephesians 1:18-23)
* They don’t give place to the devil. (Ephesians 4:27; I Peter 5:8; Hosea 4:6; James 4:7)
The Scope And Limits Of Satan’s Power and Range Of Influence
1. Confined to darkness (Jude 6; Ephesians 6:12)
o The comparison of light and darkness (I John 1:5)
o Christians have been delivered from the power of darkness. (Colossians 1:12-14; John 16:13)
2. Works through the world system (Matthew 4:8-9; James 4:4)
o Christians are not of this world (Ephesians 2:19; John 18:36; John 17:16
3. Time restriction (Revelation 20:10; Revelation 12:12; Matthew 8:29)
4. Is not omnipresent (God is Omnipresent. Psalm 139; John 1)
5. Cannot read your mind .Satan’s powers are not equal to God’s powers. Psalms 139:4
6. Can only operate where he is given place (Ephesians 4:27; Colossians 2:10; Colossians 2:15)
As Christians, we must know our enemy. Selah.